Tom Yum Goong (Hot and sour soup with shrimp No.10)
Ingredients for 2 serving
2 cups chicken stock
300 g. peeled shrimps
50 g. straw mushrooms
5 fresh kaffir lime leaves
3 shallots, half cut
3 slices galanga
1 stalk lemongrass, coarsely chopped
3-5 Thai chillies
1 whole tomato, slightly cut
1/2 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 teaspoons fish sauce
some cilantro for garnish
1. Add galanga, lemongrass, and kaffir lime leaves in a soup pot.
2. Cover with chicken stock and bring to a boil over medium-high heat till the liquid bubbles.
3. Add mushrooms, tomatoes, shallots, chillies, and shrimps.
4. When the shrimps are cooked, reduce the heat to low.
5. Add sugar, fish sauce, and lemon juice. Remove the soup from heat immediately.
6. Ladle the soup into soup bowls, and top it with some cilantro. Serve.
Kai Jeaw Moo Sub (Deep fried egg with minced No.73)
5 eggs, thoroughly beaten
50 g. minced pork
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon soya sauce, or 1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons canola oil
1. Put lemon juice, minced pork, and/or salt in to the beaten egg. Mix them well.
2. Fill a wok with the oil. Heat it to 150-190ºC.
3. Place the egg into the wok carefully. Use a spatula to spread the egg as much as you can.
4. When the edge turn into golden brown, flip the egg with the spatula.
5. When the other side is cooked, remove the eggfrom the wok. Serve with Sriracha sauce.